Print this page

Iraq al-Manshiyya

Israeli occupation date: 27th-28th of December 1948. The village was obliterated.According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are: “Only traces of the village streets remain, along with scattered cactuses. “

‘Iraq al-Manshiyya inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed. ‘Iraq al-Manshiyya had an elementary school for boys which was founded in 1934, and in 1945 it had an enrollment of 201 students. The village had two mosques, one was old and the other was more recent which was considered one of the most handsome among village mosques; it contained several rooms, a portico,and a courtyard. The village had a shrine for al-Shaykh Abroad al-‘Urayni. The village had three wells which supplied it with its water needs.

Land ownership before occupation

 
Ethnic GroupLand Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 13,838
Jewish 3,468
Public 595
Total 17,901

 

Land usage in 1945

 
Land Usage TypeArab (Dunum)Jewish (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 53 0
Planted W/ Cereal 13,463 3,433
Built up 169 35
Cultivable 13,516 3,433
Non-Cultivable 748 0

 

Population before occupation

 
YearPopulation
1596 61
1922 1,132
1931 1,347
1945 2,220 (210 Jewish)
1948 2,332
Est. Refugees 1998 14,319

 

Source: Palestineremembered.com

 
 
Rate this item
(0 votes)